Best phones under £200
Get a like-new phone for less at Envirofone. Yes, we’ve got refurbished phones for all tastes and needs, including cheap devices from Apple, Samsung, and Google. Better still, our refurbished devices are put through a rigorous 100-point check to ensure they function flawlessly when they arrive at your door. Sound good? Stick around as we share our best phones for under £200.
What is the best cheap smartphone under £200?
This one’s up to you. You see, the best cheap smartphone for under £200 depends on what you need in your life. But rest assured, our selection includes affordable gadgets for camera buffs, Apple iPhone fans, students, and more. Below, we’ll give you the lowdown on the following handsets:
- iPhone X
- Google Pixel 4
- Samsung Galaxy A41
- Sony Xperia XZ Premium
- iPhone SE 2020
- Samsung Galaxy A50
We’ll share each smartphone’s pros and cons. So, you know which cheap device is the one for you. Onwards.
Commonly called the iPhone 10, Apple’s iPhone X is a sizeable step up from its 7, 8 and 8 Plus predecessors—both in design and processing power. The iPhone X boasts an edge-to-edge OLED display with a 5.8-inch Super Retina HD resolution that auto-adjusts to ambient lighting conditions. Nifty.
If you’re accident-prone, there’s good and bad news. The good news is the iPhone X boasts dust and splash resistance. However, when it comes to protecting against damaging drops, it’s worth purchasing a case as the iPhone X’s metal exterior scuffs easily. Elsewhere, a powerful A11 Bionic chipset gives your device enough power for high-resolution viewing. There’s even a 12 MP wide-angle camera for superb panoramic shots.
- Display size: 5.8 inches, 84.4 cm2 (~82.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Storage: 64GB 3GB RAM, 256GB 3GB RAM
- Battery: Li-Ion 2716 mAh, non-removable (10.35 Wh)
- Resolution: Super Retina OLED, HDR10, Dolby Vision, 625 nits (HBM)
- Camera (dual): 12 MP, f/1.8, 28mm (wide), 1/3", 1.22µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS 12 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.4", 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS, 2x optical zoom
- Video: 4K@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps
- Software: Apple A11 Bionic (10 nm)
Google Pixel 4
Searching for a top-quality budget camera phone? Google’s Pixel 4 16 MP telephoto snapper offers long-distance zoom, picture-perfect portrait mode and good low-light shots. Under the bonnet, there’s a ‘neural core AI chip’ for advanced manipulation of images. On the front, you’ll find an 8MP selfie camera embedded with a 90-degree field of view for high-quality video calling.
Sadly, the Pixel 4 is without a fingerprint scanner, and its battery life is on the weaker side. On a positive note, the sleek smartphone houses a powerful Snapdragon 855 chipset and 6GB RAM for speedy browsing and lag-free movies. It also runs the Google Pixel 4’s dazzling 5.7-inch display.
- Display size: 5.7 inches, 80.7 cm2 (~79.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Storage: 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Battery: Li-Po 2800 mAh, non-removable
- Resolution: 1080 x 2280 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~444 ppi density)
- Camera: 8 MP, f/2.0, 22mm (wide), 1.22µm, no AF
- TOF 3D (depth/biometrics sensor)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Software: Qualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm)
Samsung Galaxy A41
Pretty in plastic, the Samsung Galaxy A51 sports smooth curves and intersecting lines to the back. These lines burst into rainbow tones in the light for a gorgeous finish. There’s wiggle room for improvement, though. The A51’s fingerprint scanner isn’t the best, and its processing speeds are slower than other phones at its price point.
But hey, there’s still a lot to shout about, like the A51’s 6.5-inch Super AMOLED screen and its quad-lens camera. The latter is packed with a 48 MP camera and a 5 MP Macro cam for ultra-clear close-ups. To top it off, an internal 128GB drive and microSD slots provide all the storage you’ll ever need.
- Display size: 6.1 inches, 89.8 cm2 (~85.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM, 64GB 8GB RAM
- Battery: 64GB 4GB RAM, 64GB 8GB RAM eMMC 5.1
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~431 ppi density)
- Camera (Triple): 48 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide)/1/2.0", 0.8µm, PDAF/ 8 MP, f/2.2, 123˚ (ultrawide)/1/4.0", 1.12µm/ 5 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Software: Mediatek MT6768 Helio P65 (12nm)
Sony Xperia XZ Premium
If you’re after megapixels at a modest price, let us introduce you to Sony’s Xperia XZ Premium. The mid-range device takes crystal clear shots with its rear 20.7 MP camera. Its 2.2 MP front-facing shooting isn’t too shabby either, offering smooth video calling and selfies.
The Xperia XZ Premium doesn’t earn top marks for its design, and it has a fiddly sim tray which can be a nuisance. But it more than makes up for it with its 5-2-inch HD screen and a speedy quad-core processor. You’ll also have protective peace of mind as the Xperia is IP58-certified and water-resistant. Lovely stuff.
- Display size: 5.46 inches, 82.2 cm2 (~68.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM
- Battery: Li-Ion 3230 mAh, non-removable
- Resolution: 3840 x 2160 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~807 ppi density)
- Camera: 19 MP, f/2.0, 25mm (wide), 1/2.3", predictive PDAF, Laser AF
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Software: Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 (10 nm)
iPhone SE 2020
Apple fans, we have another budget-friendly beauty for you. Yes, the iPhone SE 2020 is Apple’s neat and tidy smartphone, which fits in your hand like a deck of cards. Its Retina HD display is bright and responsive, while its power A13 Bionic chipset promises superfast browsing, streaming, and gaming speeds.
Camera-wise, a 12 MP single sensor snapper with advanced image processing takes top-notch photos. The iPhone SE 2020 isn’t the best in the battery department but should last a full day with moderate use. But it does support fast charging—boosting your battery to 50% in just 30 minutes.
- Display size: 4.7 inches, 60.9 cm2 (~65.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Storage: 64GB 3GB RAM, 128GB 3GB RAM, 256GB 3GB RAM
- Battery: Li-Ion 1821 mAh, non-removable (6.91 Wh)
- Resolution: 750 x 1334 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~326 ppi density)
- Camera: 12 MP, f/1.8 (wide), PDAF, OIS
- Video: 4K@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps, HDR, OIS, stereo sound rec.
- Software: Apple A13 Bionic (7nm+)
Samsung Galaxy A50
The Galaxy A50 is big on battery, with its 4000mah unit lasting up to a whopping 35 hours. It also offers fast charging when you need a quick boost, while its 6.4-inch Infinity edge-to-edge display lights up your palm with superb brightness and clarity. Its camera game isn’t quite as good as our other phones. But if you want a budget handset with a beasty battery and high-quality display, you can’t go wrong with the Galaxy A50.
- Display size: 6.4 inches, 100.5 cm2 (~84.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM, 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM UFS 2.1
- Battery: Li-Po 4000 mAh, non-removable
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Camera (triple): 25 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), PDAF/ 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0", 1.12µm/ 5 MP, f/2.2, (depth)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Software: Exynos 9610 (10nm)
Shop refurbished Samsung Galaxy A50
Choosing the best phone under £200
Now, it’s decision time. Choosing the best phone under £200 comes down to what’s important to you. If an advanced camera is a must-have, perhaps the Sony Xperia XZ Premium or the Google Pixel 4 is the phone for you. But if you’re buying for someone who needs a rough-and-ready handset—say, a student—then hitting up the mega-cheap Samsung Galaxy A50 could be the shout.
Whatever refurbished device you choose, rest assured it’s been quality-checked inside and out to ensure top-notch performance.
We’re huge ambassadors of refurbished phones here at Envirofone. We’ve been recycling phones since 2005, so we’ve got loads of experience as one of the UK’s trusted refurbished phone retailers. With us, you’ll bag a super affordable, SIM-free, and quality-guaranteed device. You’ll also be doing your bit for the planet, as buying second-hand means fewer devices end up in harmful landfills.
Have you got an old handset lying around? Sell your mobile phone with Envirofone and get 12% more towards your next device.
Top Christmas Mobile Phone Deals 2023 - Gift Guide
by D'Antoni McNeil | updated Nov 22, 2023
Unwrap the best Christmas mobile phone deals of 2023! Get exclusive discounts on the latest smartphones and accessories. Celebrate the festive season with unbeatable offers.... READ MORE >
Best Smartphone Apps For Sticking To Your New Years Resolutions
by Charlotte Bolton | updated Nov 21, 2023
Christmas is right around the corner, being very closely followed by New Years, and it will almost be time to shout happy new year 2024! ... READ MORE >
Black Friday Mobile Phone Deals
by Charlotte Bolton | updated Nov 06, 2023
Black Friday is finally here, and Envirofone is ready to deliver you ultimate mobile phone deals including Samsung black Friday and iPhone black Friday deals. ... READ MORE >