< back to main hub
Best Apps and Habits to Help Prepare Your Child for Back to School
Lifestyle | by Denise Timmis | Aug 31, 2022
September is around the corner, meaning the school term is approaching sooner than we think. If you’ve got a child, you may have noticed a lack of structured routine over the summer, probably with less screen time monitoring. As we start to think about the back-to-school routine, supporting our children is essential as many will find it hard to settle back into a structured day. So, we’ve rounded up some of the most recommended apps to help children and teens stay organised when they return to school in September.
Best Apps for Productivity for Teenagers
- myHomework. myHomework student planner app syncs across devices so children can easily access their classes and assignments anytime and anywhere. Track classes, homework, tests, and projects, so they never forget an assignment again. This is a free app, but you can upgrade to access more tools.
- SimpleMind. This free app allows children to create mind maps to help them organise their thoughts, remember things, and generate new ideas.
- SleepCycle: Many functional alarm apps ensure you get up in the morning. But SleepCycle takes it one step further with its intelligent sleep tracker and alarm.
- Evernote: Evernote is note-taking software that helps children create and organize digital notes, keeping them synced across all devices. They can also use it as a digital filing cabinet to manage all their notes.
- Trello. Trello is a popular and useful app that allows children to organise any projects they’re working on through boards, which they can then customise either solo or with others (making it ideal for delegating tasks for a group assignment). The app also allows for separate lists for tasks on a to-do list, in-progress tasks, and tasks they’ve completed.
Healthy Habits for Returning to School
- Stay active for physical and mental health: Leading an active lifestyle has many physical and mental health benefits that can positively impact school life. Walking to school where possible is the easiest way to incorporate movement into a child’s daily routine. It’s a great way to start the day, helping your child stay fit and improve their concentration and learning. If they can't walk to school, try getting them into a routine involving some form of physical activity every day.
- Establish an after-school routine: Children thrive in routines, so establishing an after-school routine can help ensure important tasks are accomplished, from eating a healthy dinner to completing homework, chores, and more. Reinforcing certain behaviours should allow your kids to get the most out of their evenings and provide a better springboard into the next day.
- Screen-free bedtime: If your child is old enough to have a phone or other tech device, keep those items out of the bedroom. Have your children hand over the device, so they don’t receive texts or other sleep-disturbing messages at night.
- Extracurricular activities. Your child may have many interests that can help guide what type of after-school activities they participate in. Having extracurricular activities integrated into their routine can also help kids focus outside the stresses of school.
Best Phone to Get Your Child for Back to School
If you’re planning on getting your child a new tech device ready for the start of the school year, consider purchasing a device that’s refurbished rather than brand-new.
At Envirofone, we offer a vast range of refurbished devices, including phones, tablets, laptops, and consoles. Our good-as-new devices come with all the latest features, but for a fraction of the price. Not only do you save money, but buying refurbished also helps you do your bit for the planet. Plus, every device comes with a 12-month warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee if you change your mind.
Browse through our catalogue to find the perfect device, including some of the newest models, such as the iPhone 11, iPhone 12, and Samsung Galaxy S10
The top 10 dating apps you should be using this Valentine's Day
by Denise Timmis | updated Jan 27, 2023
As February rolls around and Valentine’s Day approaches, there is an underlying pressure to secure a companion to celebrate the international day of love. To mark the romantic season a help smartphone-owning, singles find a date for the 14th, Envirofone has released new data showing the most popular and best-rated apps for online daters this February. ... READ MORE >
Envirofone’s list of naughty and nice Christmas markets
by Denise Timmis | updated Nov 23, 2022
Envirofone have ranked the UK’s best Christmas markets, Using data from social listening, Instagram hashtags, TikTok views and total mentions.... READ MORE >
Misconceptions about E-waste recycling
by Denise Timmis | updated Oct 07, 2022
We’ve myth-busted some of the common misunderstandings many of us have with E-Waste, to change perceptions and help improve recycling behaviours.... READ MORE >